Saturday, July 27, 2013

About Me

I wrote a book.  Questions?

If only writing about myself were that easy.  SPECTRE RISING is my first attempt at publishing a novel. 

I've written short stories about my experiences as a pilot for family and friends, but I've never found myself interesting or adventurous enough to compile them into a book.  Instead, I decided to use my experiences as a fighter pilot to create a thriller centered around a former fighter pilot.

Unlike Spectre, I've been very fortunate in my career.  I've had the opportunity to fly several different aircraft, including two fighters in two different services - the F-16 and the F/A-18.  Flying has always been a passion of mine, and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing insights from the cockpit of the mighty Viper in writing SPECTRE RISING.

I was also very fortunate to have had the opportunity to train with Survival Krav Maga founder Miki Erez when I lived in Miami.  Under his mentorship, I worked toward and received my Instructor Certification in Survival Krav Maga.  I think this helped to add a bit of realism to some of the fight scenes in SPECTRE RISING

I'm looking forward to hearing from readers as SPECTRE RISING hits the shelves.  Writing and getting immersed in the story of Cal "Spectre" Martin and his friends has been its own reward. 

Spectre Series